Friday, June 27, 2008

day 5


A lot of students graduated today. They all crowded around the taxi stop in clumsy lines outside of my dorm. I feel that their goodbyes are sad, because most students at my school are minorities, from all for corners - actually, the western two corners - of China. They probably won't be seeing each other again for a long time.

I just finished my last test for the week - feeling pretty fine. We have a written final and an oral final - I'm still waiting for my grades, but I'm pretty confident (= you jingshen).

Emily, William, Chris and I went to Maliandao this week - Tea Avenue. Consisting wholly of tea shops. We stopped by this place beforehand for food. A larger than life golden bust of Mao greeted us in the foyer - picture forthcoming.

Fatty braised pork was a highlight.

William had a little difficulty with the noodles, arousing the sympathy of a kind, toothless laotaitai at the next table.

4 comments:

ashleigh said...

"clumsy lines"

I like that I can visualize the scene with just those two words. Glad your first week seems to have gone well!

Emeth Hesed said...

Aaagh. The food looks so good ... I miss real Chinese food so much it makes me want to fall down in a dead faint. LOL.

Let us know how your results are! :)

Anonymous said...

ごくろうさま!!
良い結果を期待する!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the braised pork looks really good! I still haven't been to Maliandao yet; is it good any?

by the way, it's Cindy! :)