Monday, March 20, 2006

tokyo outing


I took a solo walking trip around downtown Tokyo last Monday, on which I walked past interesting stores like this one.

And this one. You always find interesting stores off the main drag. Tintin books, Tintin TV shows, but most awesomely, Tintin and Snowy figurines, two of which I bought.

Also happening in my life: I've suffered from tea poisoning - oolong, more specifically - during the last 72 hours. Thankfully it's clearing up, but yeah, apparently oolong has a nasty tendancy to flush out important oils and whatnot from one's stomach. I'm stickin' with green.

6 comments:

Deborah R Foucachon said...

haha--that's funny....sorry but it is!! :D
Ah yes, good ole TinTin...I love Tintin!! :) That is a cool, albeit odd, name for what appears to be a clothing store!
Hope you're doing well Petes!

Blessings,
~Deborah

Anonymous said...

Tea poisoning. How much oolong do you have to drink in order to be inflicted?

Peter K said...

"How much do you have to drink in order to be inflicted?" Lol. I don't know, Sarah. Maybe 1 or 2 pots a day before full inflictation sets in. I'm sure it also depends on the brand/potency. Just experiment.

Anonymous said...

glad your trip went well. I am back in wonderful Mississippi!!! but amazedly enough I miss a lot of japanese stuff and people. hope you feel better soon!! ahhh Tintin that was the only comic that my dad would let in the house.. (he is very strict fellow) soo Tintin great memories. how is school going? latin?? anything itneresting happening? have a great saturday!!

Charles said...

Ahhh... Tintin! I love Tintin! Even more than deborah r foucachon!

Sorry to hear you've been unwell. At least you now have Tintin figurines to cheer you up as you recover.

Anonymous said...

green tea is better than any tea, i think. but i am parcial to it! i got this really good tea from costco, i like it better than Winco's